Police confirmed that McGregor has been charged with three counts of assault and one count of criminal mischief, and that fellow MMA fighter Cian Cowley, 25, has been charged with one count of assault and one count of criminal mischief.
UFC has also pulled Arteem Lobov, who is a teammate of McGregor's and accompanied him to the melee, from his previously scheduled fight with Alex Caceres.
UFC star Conor McGregor has been released on $65,000 bail after appearing in a NY court charged with assault.
CNN could not immediately reach representatives for McGregor or Cowley for comment.
McGregor will be allowed to travel back to Ireland before the trail, which is set for June 14. Obviously the worst conversation we've ever had.
McGregor and his crew were charged after he turned himself into police after he and his crew stormed Barclays Center on Thursday at the UFC 223 media day.
Police were told that McGregor and roughly 10 other people "became irate and began throwing various items, damaging property at the location", according to police spokesperson George Tsourovakas.
"Most of the things [in the text messages] I would rather not say, and probably can't say, on TV", White told ESPN, confirming that McGregor is not particularly remorseful about the incident himself - though the UFC chief insists he is apologetic about any injuries incurred.
Three matches scheduled for Saturday's (Sunday NZT) UFC 223 card have been scrapped because of the fracas.
MMA star Conor McGregor started a brawl in the wrong place - and ended up in handcuffs.
In an earlier statement, it said: "The organisation deems today's disruption completely unacceptable and is now working on the consequences that will follow". The videos appear to show McGregor hurling large items at a bus that was boarded by rival fighter Khabib Nurmagomedov moments earlier.
People had gathered to promote a competition headlined by Khabib Nurmagomedov and Max Holloway.
During a hiatus from UFC, McGregor took up boxing and lost to Floyd Mayweather in a money-spinning bout last August.
"Lightweight Michael Chiesa, who received several facial cuts, was deemed unfit to fight by the New York State Athletic Commission and the UFC medical team, and he was removed from his bout against Anthony Pettis".