Nicole Eggert Files Police Report Against 'Charles in Charge' Costar Scott Baio

Share

Making the media rounds, former "Charles in Charge" star Nicole Eggert is doubling down on her allegations that Scott Baio sexually molested her when she was underage.

While sitting down with Megyn Kelly last week, Eggert alleged that Baio first penetrated her while sitting in his vehicle at 14-years-old, and after that, sexually abused her "probably once a week" until she turned 16.

"Ask Scott Baio what happened in his garage at his house when I was a minor".

Baio believes Eggert meeting with cops is his ticket to vindication due to her changing the facts around her story multiple times. It was clear; however, how heartbroken Sara was reading the abuse her friend had not only witnessed but also suffered according to his statement.

"The investigation has begun and we plan on fully cooperating with the LAPD and giving them as much information from Nicole and our team as possible, but it has begun", Weintraub notes.

Baio, 57, responded with a video statement in which he denied the accusation.

In the series Baio played a college student who worked as a male nanny, Eggert appeared in the second half of the show's run, playing one of the children in Charles' care. Earlier, Baio had urged her to present her claims to the proper authorities.

Baio has vehemently denied the claims, saying that he and Eggert had consensual sex but that the encounter occurred when she was 18 or older.

He also accused "Charles in Charge" cast member Alex Polinsky and Adam Karl, who both corroborated Eggert's story, of lying, but couldn't explain their motivation. "And she knows I would never shame her, and she can see how I'm handling this, and that I would do the same exact thing for her".

"I want him to admit it, the power of "I'm sorry" is fantastic", she said.

"She wanted me to be her first so that she will be good for her boyfriend", he said in an interview with "Good Morning America" that took place the day after Eggert's "Today" show interview.

Eggert's longtime manager David Weintraub also says that his client is "feeling positive" after her conversation with detectives, and that "people are standing by her". "I apologised for pushing her too hard and should have been more sympathetic".

Speaking on television last week Eggert said she had not aired the allegations previously because she was ashamed, and that she had been emboldened to speak up in the wake of the #MeToo movement. She provided more details in a January 30 interview with Megyn Kelly, saying she was 14 when the alleged abuse began. "She's been an unbelievable support system for me, and I think I've been a great example for her".

Share