Maryland teens killed in retaliation for alleged drug robbery


Police late Saturday announced three arrests in the slayings of two Maryland honor roll students found dead the eve of their high-school graduation - speculating the killings had been retaliation for one of the teens' rumored robbery.

Montgomery County police said they would reveal more details at a news conference Saturday night in Gaithersburg.

They were found on Monday night inside a auto in Montgomery Village near Washington D.C. Ziberov, aged 18, was shot just hours before his graduation.

But a 911 caller reported hearing shots fired in Montgomery Village on Monday night, and officers found the two dead with gunshot wounds in a parked auto.

Manger said Najjar had been shot four times and Ziberov 10 times.

Investigators said 30 shell casings were found at the scene, including multiple caliber shells, leading police to believe there were multiple guns and shooters.

From left: Edgar Garcia-Gaona, Jose Ovilson Canales-Yanez and Roger Garcia are seen in booking photos released June 18, 2017, by the Montgomery County Police Department. At least two gunmen, believed to be in another auto, fired some 30 rounds at the vehicles.

The two boys both live in Germantown, about seven miles from the scene of the shooting, and it is unclear what they were doing in the well-kept residential cul-de-sac at the time they were shot.

"May God punish who did this to my son". According to police, it was the last communication Najjar had with anyone, about a half-hour before he was killed.

The same friend told investigators Najjar told him he was going to sell Garcia a ticket to their graduation.

He said a partial box of Glaser.40-caliber ammunition was found at Garcia-Gaona's house. He also said the suspects took Najjar's cellphone.

He said an informant identified the three suspects to investigators. According to authorities, detectives have made arrests in this case but this is by no means should be interpreted that the investigation has concluded. Before starting the ceremony, Principal Jimmy D'Andrea asked for a moment of silence to offer condolences to the family of the two victims.

'When I spoke to Artem's mother this morning, while extremely upset, her words to me were 'I hope everyone has a great celebration today, ' D'Andrea said, encouraging the students as they struggled to compose themselves.