Manchester Area Evacuated As Car Linked To Concert Bombing


On Friday evening, police in Manchester arrested their 17th suspect in connection with the terror attack.

Earlier he had chatted with some of those who had been first on the scene last week who helped people leave the railway station at Manchester Arena.

Ten men still remain in custody.

Police said they believed the auto was a significant piece of evidence in the investigation into the May 22 attack when Salman Abedi walked into the foyer of Manchester Arena and detonated an improvised explosive device as fans left an Ariana Grande concert, reports Efe.

Six other people had been arrested but were released without charge.

Police say they are very interested in the movements of the vehicle and who was in it over the past few months.

The man was arrested Friday on suspicion of offenses contrary to the Terrorism Act after police cordoned off an area in southern Manchester visited by the bomber, Salman Abedi.

According to the report, the 22-year-old Abedi had met with the Islamist group during trips to Sabratha and Tripoli, Libya, where he linked up with a group known as Katibat al-Battar al-Libi. ISIS said a "soldier of the caliphate" was responsible.

That Abedi was in contact with the terrorist cell brings up the possibility that Islamic State operatives in Libya have now twice directed attacks in Europe.